SEO specialists in Charlotte, NC & Atlanta, GA for Attorneys & Law Firms.
SEO Marketing for Lawyers
Need a game-changer to attract new prospects? Use Lawyer SEO
tactics to get more online visibility and target potential clients.
What Is SEO and Why Is It Important to Law Firms and Attorneys?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is a set of strategies and tactics you can use to improve your legal practice website’s ranking on search engines and get it to the top of search engine results. You probably figured that one out by yourself.
Wondering why SEO is important for attorney or law firm websites? The answer is simple.
People are using search engines to find anything and everything now. From where to eat and where to sleep, to how to take better care of themselves, and how much experience their physician has. It’s where they get all their answers.
And when it comes to looking for a legal counsel, you can bet that the Internet is where they’ll do it.
You, on the other hand, already work very long hours. You have to deal with court dates, interpreting laws, drafting and filing loads of legal documents. Being a lawyer is not an easy job. It can be tough to squeeze running after potential clients in such a tight schedule.
Combine your lack of time with the desire of Internet users to find the solution to all their problems online and the only answer you’ll come up with is SEO for law firms. There’s no better channel you can use for your marketing efforts.
Now here is why it’s important to use SEO for your website if you are an attorney or you own a law firm:
- When you rank high in search engine results, you get more organic traffic to your website. This way, you get more visits and more chances of closing a case with a new client.
- Organic traffic is also free, so it means less money spent on advertising. Your marketing budget is saved and you get more prospects.
- When you target the right kind of traffic, you get more qualified leads. The chances of those leads converting to clients skyrocket. Leads turn into clients fast when your website is using optimized search engine marketing tactics.
Build your online reputation to attract qualified leads. Stand out and connect with the right audience with SEO for lawyers.
Boost Your Law Firm’s Visibility and Get Organic Traffic
Find out if your website
Power up your digital
Get the scoop on your
Make your website
Spread the word to
Find out if your website
Spread the word to
Don’t shy away from digital marketing strategies. There are unlimited
possibilities for your law firm online.
Best SEO Strategies for Lawyers
As good as they sound, SEO strategies don’t come without their own set of challenges. First of all, you need the proper skills to implement a lawyer SEO strategy that pays off. Which is why we recommend you chose a professional to handle your SEO needs and implementation.
You also need to stay informed and make sure that you’re taking the right steps for your niche. Or that they are being taken for you. You need to harmonize your SEO with your objectives, your market, and, most importantly, your budget. The right SEO may look different depending on where you are in relation to any of these three factors.
That being said, there are a few (close to) universal truths as to what good SEO looks like for lawyers and law firms:
1. Keywords, Keywords, Keywords
Yes, there is a reason why we said the same word three times. We can’t say it enough. Keywords are the epicenter of a good SEO strategy. Keyword research can make or break your SEO strategy. And your budget.
The keyword game is best played by getting very specific. When you’re competing with other similar websites, you don’t want to waste any energy. So, you need to focus your keywords and content development strategies on the keywords that make the most sense.
Carefully chosen keywords must tick several important boxes:
- They need to relate to your specialized services and/or skills. Here’s an example: it’s better to compete for “divorce lawyer in Charlotte, NC” than “lawyers in North Carolina”. In the second scenario, you’d be competing with many other players and not necessarily be getting qualified traffic if you are a divorce attorney and they need a criminal lawyer. So, get specific.
- The best keywords include the searcher’s intent to buy. You don’t need the traffic coming from a 14-year-old doing his homework and looking for “what do estate lawyers do?” But, if someone is using the keywords “best employment lawyer in Atlanta, GA”, you can clearly sense that behind those keywords is the searcher’s intention to hire an attorney for employment-related issues.
- Target the locations you serve. Noticed something similar in the two examples above? It’s the use of location-based keywords. You can find several ways to better target local audiences and prospects by using the right keywords. Popular local search terms include the words “near me”, “around” or the name of the city or area where your law firm is located.
2. Content Development
Content is where you let your keywords run wild. Well, not exactly. It’s where you carefully organize them to get the most chances of a higher search engine ranking and more traffic and leads. High-quality [content creation] strategies have more than one benefit for lawyer and law firm SEO:
- Good content boosts your website’s ranking. How? There are a number of good SEO practices to consider when you are developing your legal practice’s website content. First of all, keywords must be used just right.
- Using your keywords too much will result in getting penalized by search engines while using them too little means search engine crawlers will have no idea your website is the right answer to the searcher’s question. Second, you need to make sure your content provides useful, relevant information to searchers.
- Your content needs to be well structured, easy to read, and be educational to your readers.
- Authority is built on valuable content. Content can help you build a relationship with your audience. You want to use content to connect with potential clients, answer their common questions, give valuable data and solutions for their legal issues.
- When you are confident enough to share your knowledge of the law and advice, people will perceive you as an expert in the field. This way, you build trust. Potential clients are much more likely to retain you as their attorney when you have a good online reputation and inspire trust.
- Good content can become a featured snippet. That’s like winning the SEO lottery because you go straight to # 1. Well-structured, highly informative content gets featured on search engines in this special category at the top of the results page.
- You can feature content that answers short or long-tail keyword queries and target wider audiences. The more diverse and informative your content is, the more chances you have of attracting qualified leads and boosting your SEO for your law firm.
3. Link Building
Link building is one of the best SEO strategies you can use for your law firm’s website. By linking to and getting links back from trusted websites, you support your search engine ranking efforts:
- When your legal website is packed with original, informative content, it gets more links from other websites.
- When recognized, influential websites link back to yours, you get more opportunities for qualified traffic.
- You can write guest posts, get quoted as an expert in legal articles on other websites and then link that back to your website.
- You can submit your site to legal directories and kill two birds with one stone – get more potential clients and improve your backlink profile.
4. Local Optimization
To decide if you are worthy of ranking high in local search engine results, Google will judge you by relevance, distance, and prominence. To tick these boxes, you’ll need to make sure your legal service’s website is properly optimized with on-page and local SEO:
- Make sure your website is listed in the right category in your Google My Business listing and that you pack your description and services section with the right keywords. Choose a specific category and long-tail keywords rather than broad ones to attract leads.
- Keep all your business listings up to date and consistent. Make sure that any change in business hours or address is updated on any and all of your legal website’s entries.
- Optimize your website for local search keywords like “near me” or “Charlotte, NC”.
5. PPC or SEM Campaigns
If fast is the word you’d use to describe your need for leads, pay-per-click advertising is what you need. Website promotion tactics like this can complement your other SEO strategies while giving you immediate results.
Lawyers and law firms can use PPC to target specific keywords searchers use and appear on top of the organic search results for legal queries.
However, depending on how much competition there is on one keyword, clicks can get expensive for legal terms, so it’s best to plan your PPC campaigns strategically and choose a partner that can help you navigate your options without breaking the bank.
GET THE BEST CUSTOM SEO MARKETING SERVICES FOR LAWYERS AND LAW FIRMS WITH NORTHLAKE DIGITAL
WE CAN BOOST YOUR LEGAL PRACTICE
Our experience in pushing legal practice websites to the top of search engine rankings and results speaks for itself. That’s just one of the main factors you should take into account when you are choosing which SEO company you want to entrust your SEO strategy to.
Because they will need to not only adapt your SEO strategy to hundreds of search engine updates, ranking factors, and best practices. In order to pay off, your SEO strategy needs to be adapted to your company’s specific industry and niche. Domain experience is key.
Another very important factor in your SEO strategy is clear data and metrics and transparent tactics and results. Don’t accept being kept in the dark or not being a part of the decisions being taken for your website’s optimization. It’s critical that you are included in the planning and development of your SEO strategy and that your goals are met at the speed and rate you expect.
We offer customized lawyer SEO services that cover every angle possible, to get you the results you want for your legal practice. Schedule a consultation with one of our SEO experts and we’ll let you in on all the specifics.
The SEO Benefits We Deliver to Lawyers and Law Firms
Let’s get to the point. Here are the results you can expect from choosing
Northlake Digital to handle your law firm’s SEO needs:
More visibility and traffic.
Ranking high in search engine results means your legal practice gets seen by more potential clients. That increases your chances of getting more contracts and more revenue.
You want to have a strong online presence because people are now using the Internet to find everything they need, including legal counsel.
Targeting the right audience with the right keywords and content, as well as with technical tactics, is what makes SEO pay off.
Our strategies combine effective optimization tools and mechanisms to attract not only organic traffic but qualified leads to your law firm’s website.
We implement effective SEO strategies like link building and content development to increase your law firm’s visibility and build your reputation.
Inspiring trust attracts more prospects and increases your chances of success. As a lawyer, it’s critical that you build an expert image to inspire potential clients to sign a contract with you.
More effective marketing.
When you are investing in SEO, you are investing in the future of your legal practice.
A high-ranking, traffic and lead-generating lawyer or law firm website keeps paying off long after our SEO strategies are implemented, continuing to generate organic visits and prospects.
Measurable & trackable results.
All our SEO strategies for lawyers and law firms are transparent and quantifiable. You’ll know exactly where and why your money is spent and get clear data on the results generated by your investment in SEO.
We use these metrics to determine not only the success of our strategies but also the elements we need to change and adapt along the way to ensure the best results for your legal practice.
Make sure every bit of your marketing budget is put to work and generates a return on your investment with our SEO tactics for attorneys and law firms. We offer specialized services, 24/7 availability, and unbeatable monthly flat-rates.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT LAWYER SEO
SUBSCRIBE TO GET THE LATEST
SEO STRATEGIES AND INSIGHTS